market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hello List + peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hello List + peppers
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:30:49 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 4:20 PM

> Bill,
> Would you be willing to describe what varieties of peppers you have
> chosen to grow, and why? (If the list of peppers is manageable). PS I
> love your signature statement.
> Jill
Jill and Del thanks for the welcome.
First I love growing pepper. Pepper is easy to manage. Being that it will
hold on the plant. Unlike squash, tomatoes and other produce. We also use
lots of pepper in our small gourmet food mfg. co. (hot is in) I sell most
wholesale to local chains and brokers. Also wal-Mart and on the Dallas and
Houston markets.
The varieties and prices are from the 2002 market year.
Jalapeno .35-.45 cents per lb.
Cayenne greens and reds .75-.90 cents per lb.
Habanero red and orange 1.80 per lb.
mirasol red and green .75-.80 cents per lb.
Serrano .80 cents per.lb.
Bell field run 10.00-12.00 per bu.
Sweet Banana 10.00-12.00 per bu.
Jalapeno and Habanero being the best sellers.
About my signature, An old dog will love you if you are rich, poor, smell
good, smell bad. If you feed him or if you don't. All he wants is a pat on
the head. My wife says she wants to come back in her next life as my dog. I
do love dogs. Bill Bradshaw
Cherokee Co. Texas

---