market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA/risk

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA/risk
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:45:37 -0800 (PST)

Beth wrote:

>I make no mention of risk sharing on my brochure. If they have read other
>CSA articles they may have picked up on it. Hubby and I decided day one we
>would not keep money if we completely failed. Knock on would its unlikely
>in that we grow 50+ things.

If you are providing the services of a CSA,
why not share the risk? People buy insurance
every year by spending thousands of dollars
in hopes that they have no claims, but if they do,
they'll be covered.

There are ways to confront the risk issue head
on without scaring off prospects.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming