market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA/risk

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA/risk
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:14:15 -0500

Beth wrote:

>How would a farm brochure differ from a CSA brochure?

The approach to the customer is from a different
perspective from what I know about CSA's.

Because of the shared harvest risk, the CSA is
really selling farmer security in addition to
products.

This makes for a more difficult sale to the average
person off the street, though not necessarily to one
responding to an article reference in the newspaper
or a magazine.
***

I make no mention of risk sharing on my brochure. If they have read other
CSA articles they may have picked up on it. Hubby and I decided day one we
would not keep money if we completely failed. Knock on would its unlikely
in that we grow 50+ things. Beth