market-farming - [Market-farming] way off topic: Rick on the war, veterans and the bush.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] way off topic: Rick on the war, veterans and the bush.
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:05:25 -0500

Title: way off topic: Rick on the war, veterans and the bush.
Rick wrote:
Even though I keep hearing how a majority of Americans support the
President, why is that you never actually meet anyone who does? I certainly
have not and I meet a LOT of people.

Wow Rick. I can't remember the last time we agreed on anything. but you hit it pretty much on the head here.

And as a Vietnam veteran (I can wrap the flag around myself too) that saw a lot of combat and got some medals along the way, I'm very much against this war.  And as far as Bush is concerned.  I don't follow deserters into war.  My favorite bumpersticker is  Bush: Where were you in 72?     The truth is, he was AWOL.  And if he didn't have a rich and powerful daddy he would have gone to prison like the working class kids who skipped out on the military did.