market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA banking

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA banking
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:22:40 -0600

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:27:41PM -0600, Rick Williams wrote:
> Formatting changed to plain text:

> their checks to Tenacity Farm. For some reason our bank doesn't like that.
> We are not incorporated. Do I need to do something special so that the bank
> will deposit checks into our personal account, made out to the farm name?

The Brocious' are sending only html and I never read their posts
directly.

> =====
> We had a similar problem with our bank. We found another local bank that
> finds it completely acceptable.

Our bank, Wells Fargo, sometimes reject checks in deposits handed to a
teller if not made out to me personally. Were they not so convenient
with so many branches, I would change banks. Mail-in deposits are
never rejected and it is only some branches that are troublesome. We
tend to make almost all of our deposits through the mail. I believe
they offered to set up an account with a name that suits them, but I
declined.

--
Willie Time for a Kurdish state?
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
From: "Barb Berst" <berstperkins AT earthlink.net>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: seed starting and gen'l farming philosophy
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:13:13 -0800

Hi, Rick,

There are actually many farmers who earn full-time livings for entire
families on a fraction to 15-acres in the US, this includes free-range
livestock, and their numbers are growing.

I've followed their growth in numbers over the last ten years. Just returned
from visiting yet another, and I've visited hundreds in the US. I have also
visited Africa and Europe and have witnessed the trend there.

They use methods such as bio-intensive, biodynamic, succession cropping and
selling direct. They succeed better than ever before in history, but this
isn't the 1st time in history for this. The Incans fed 15 million with a 3
to 7-year surplus, the Chinese fed one billion on less than 10% of their
land base.