market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: NY Times ad against the war

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: NY Times ad against the war
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:46:15 -0800 (PST)

marc wrote:

>You're correct. Hopefully the FBI will keep an eye on them seeing they're so
>willing to flout international law and also engage in traitorous activities
>that provide aid and comfort to such nasty creatures.

Hopefully, the FBI will ignore them and keep
their eyes focused on the real threats, be they
Al-Queda or who else.

It's a fact that no U.S. Citizen is going to do any
damage to New York City, L.A., or your home
town while they are visiting Baghdad.

>Article 51 of the 1977 amendment to the 1949 Geneva Conventions prohibits
>human shields.
>
>"The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual
>civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from
>military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objects
>from attacks or to shield, favor or impede military operations."

The only point of outlawing "human shields" was to make it
legal to bomb them. Militaries around the world are very
much threatened by the movement for more peace and less
nationalism.

If the trips to the moon taught anybody anything, it's
that we all share this little planet, like it or not.

Living in peace is a whole lot more productive
than trying to survive continuous war.

GI's and former GI's need to understand that
the peace movement is about sparing their lives
as much as sparing the lives of noncombatants.

My $ 0.02

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming