market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] renting a certified kitchen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] renting a certified kitchen
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:01:01 -0600

Hi Joan,

Back in the 80's when we lived in Pleasant Valley, MO, I rented the
Community Building kitchen to make cakes in. It cost me $25. a week if
I remember right and I had to have a separate health dept inspection.
This was governed by Clay County Health Department. It was a PIA to
haul my stuff over there, mix stuff up, bake, etc. I didn't have a
place to keep my stuff and I couldn't leave the big mixer there because
someone would probably take it etc. It would work if you had some kind
of secure storage for your tools, equipment and ingredients. It was
better than being illegal. If you were canning food it would probably
work. You could take the finished product home with you.

Marie in Missouri