market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] cattle lice and a horse question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] cattle lice and a horse question
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:57:01 -0600

Well, no. If it is biting lice, other than some discomfort and some hair
loss this does not affect the animal's health. We have noticed some
possible genetic influence. Some of our current cattle are affected, some
are not. It doesn't seem to be related to breed influence or diet as our
cattle are on pasture all year long.

Rick H.