market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] OT: Scratching My Head

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Franklin W. Davis" <Parsons2 AT attbi.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] OT: Scratching My Head
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:46:22 -0500

Hi Leigh...I would love to see those towering trees on the west coast.
Maybe before I have the big one I'll have a chance to visit out there..:-)
Ayup...I'm aware that forests differ in various parts of the country. I
manage our forest land for many different reasons too...one of which is for
my children and grandchildren.
If you have a good wood lot you can cater to local cabinet shops and make
pretty good money...and not rape your land in the process. Buy a used band
mill..dry it yourself with a solar dryer...plane it...and hawk it yourself.
Thats what I'm going to do.
Our forests are renewable so I don't break out in a sweat over the
subject. Franklin