market-farming - [Market-farming] Market farming vs getting out/finding customers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market farming vs getting out/finding customers
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:14:29 -0500

Rick W wrote:

I do not actually believe all the claims you make on marketing. Some maybe,
some not. And some are not acceptable to me and are one of the reasons that
we do it the way we think is the fair and proper way to do it. In other
words, we do it the way that we would want to be treated.

I actually believe all of above. But a couple of things have struck me
with head spinning as I try to keep track of this thread. I believe you
have stated that at the moment you have more product than customers and
would like to correct this?
I believe you stated you only want to sell locally and to you that is within
20 miles. The whole local only thing is a bit of a gray area. Is it with
in your own state, hay thats better than across the country or heck South
America. Is it regional, I live in New England so we tend to think of the
whole group as local well at least better than across the country or heck
South America. But then eek maybe the product tagged California is better
than heck South America at least is in the good ole USA.

So my conundrum in trying to understand your dilemma is this if your desired
area is a 20 mile radius and yet product isn't moving might changes need to
be made? Although I am not sure I am behind this discount stuff, like you
said you aren't Wal Mart.
Beth