market-farming - [Market-farming] Under secretary Dohr.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Under secretary Dohr.
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:31:06 EST

I have been a little disappointed that no one has commented on the fact that President Bush put Dohr in a position in the Department of Agriculture that controls all the Value Added Grants coming out of Washington for the next three years even though there were on one in either the side of the house or senate that would vote for him.  Our President appointed him through the back door.

This fellow made the statement here in Iowa that there should only be 325 farmers for the State of Iowa, that figures out to be around 890,000 acres per farmer, and he also feels that limits on program payments should be eliminated, he says all the limits do is slow down progress.  O He had to pay back $156,000 in over payments before he could take the post.

This is the person that is in charge of all Value Added Money.      O  MY  JOSH?

Phil