market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: making money from farming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: making money from farming
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:23:49 -0600

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:40:24AM -0600, Carol Larsen wrote:
> While it is true that there is a waiting list to get into the Dane
> County Farmers Market ( Madison, WI), currently the waiting list is
> approx 3 years and when you're number comes up the vendor is restricted
> from selling July thru most of Sept the first year of vending. Right now
> there is no restrictions after that initial year. The market had to put
> the breaks on new membership early in the 1990's due to new vendor
> pressure and limited space at the market.
> This market has never selected for a 'good mix' of products as some
> other markets but they are religiously strict about no reselling which,
> I think has helped make the market the success it is.

That's music to my ears! Are you a seller at Dane County Farmers
Market? How many sellers are there? Has this market honesty spread
beyond Madison? How do they handle enforcement? Can you offer web
sources of information on this market? I guess I could google it up :-)

--
Willie USS Harry S Truman: 97,000 tons of diplomacy
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html