market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hello List

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hello List
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:58:38 EST

In a message dated 1/23/03 4:29:21 PM Central Standard Time, kampy AT grm.net writes:

Marie in Missouri

All the furnace in the greenhouse could do yesterday was 65 with the clouds and the wind and only got up to  0 for a high.  I don't think it ever shut off all day.  Really was a good conference in St. Joe this year, I really enjoyed Elliot Coleman, he is a very interesting speaker.  Marie have you got all those seeds ordered yet.  Our greenhouse froze up a couple of weeks ago and it was really interesting that we really didn't lose that much stuff, really only a few tender annuals and the rest pulled through OK.  I'm sure it slowed a lot of things down, but they are growing OK now.  Had to have a really long talk with my propane delivery guy on this one.  Phone numbers that go to voice mail and no one ever answers the voice mail, no one wants to be bothered with giving any customer service today.

Phil from Iowa