market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hello List

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hello List
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:09:08 -0600

Great story Rick! Yep, it can be a small world.

A few years ago, I was at a wedding reception seated next to a couple I
didn't know. I kept thinking, I have met this guy before. Where, where,
where? I finally asked, what do you do? EMT. Oh gee, as it turned out he
was the EMT who sat with me in the ambulance the year I had my accident.

Dang! That accident and recovering from it was what got me into Farmer in
the Del. Lying in bed in casts ... and dreaming of a goal to get me back on
my feet. Planting all those seedlings got my hand back into use. Better
than paying for rehabilitation therapy!

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del (well, there's a market meeting in February and I plan to
be there)
Clifton, IL

BTW, I understand there are some retiring members of the Kankakee County
Farmer's Market Association. If you're in the area and want to apply to the
market, contact Merle Marxman at the USDA office in Bourbonnais, IL. He's
the market manager.

The organizing meeting is Feb. 7.