market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Advertising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Lucy Goodman" <goodows AT infinet.com>, "CSA-L" <CSA-L AT prairienet.org>, "market-farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Advertising
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:19:30 -0500

> I have a question has anyone ever use a public TV funder auction as
> advertising. There are two PBS stations around me both that have
> auctions twice a year. people donate items and I have thought donating a
> CSA share may be good advertising for our CSA at not a lot of cost.
> So anyone done this and how did it work out?
Ours does this as well and I have thought about it, but by the time I heard
of it the donation window had closed. I however thought of donating baskets
of vegetables. A few 3 ish. So the winners would come to farm and get
generous amount during prime season (when tomatoes are ready). It gets you
publicity lets a few people sample and you don't have to worry about someone
who joins the farm on impulse and doesn't really understand CSA. The folks
that win the basket of course get a flyer an have the winter to think about
it. Beth