market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #68 - 2 msgs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #68 - 2 msgs
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:15:03 -0500

> wonder if our energy will hold out until the farm and marketing systems
> are developed to the point that the farm "flows" better. I think this is
> one the most underestimated problems with direct marketing- the
> marketing factor takes so much time and mental energy.
Jim,
We are a CSA so unlike a farmstand I am only dealing with customers 3 days a
week (which might be enough). It so happens that I have no one Mon and
Tues. I have sort of unofficially made Monday my day. I don't have to do
anything business related Mon. That doesn't mean I don't work in the garden
but I don't have too :).
Hubby is the type of person who works better than he relaxes so he tends not
to take time off which he probably should. We both like going to other
farms/farmstands. We actually left the farm for 3 days last summer to go to
the NOFA conference. I loved it :).
For me knowing that it will frost in Oct is very good for my psyche :).
Beth

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #68 - 2 msgs, Hook Family, 01/12/2003