market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sources
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:11:58 -0500

Marie wrote:

I would like to have bittersweet, gooseberries and hazelnuts to plant
instead of relying on the wild plants. Where can I buy them?

Around here, I would go to the Temple University Ambler Campus where they have a whole department on native plants. I've bought hazelnut trees from their plant sale (to raise money for the college kids' botanical honor society). The plants are *very* reasonable in price, the quality is excellent and the kids and their professors will talk for hours about techniques for propagation if you have the time! Do you have a similar university department where you live?

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of