market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mesclun mixes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mesclun mixes
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:22:20 -0500

"Like Allison we mix our own. Plus we plant the lettuce a few days to a
week before the rest. We plant in 4' x 50' beds and make two lines of
seeds. One line is lettuce and the other line is the other greens
(mizuna, arugula, mustard etc.). We do not mix the greens but rather
plant say, 20' of mizuna, 15' of arugula etc. The lettuce, on the other
hand, is mixed before planting. This system has prevented the greens
from overwhelming the lettuce and makes everything easy to cut.

&nbsp;