market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] was lady bugs, now bees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] was lady bugs, now bees
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:12:36 EST

In a message dated 12/21/02 7:36:31 PM Central Standard Time, sisoap AT gwtc.net writes:

Do bee keepers have territories..or something like that?  'n if I got some bees, would I upset these neighbors?

There really are not any bee keepers left in Western Iowa.  The bee mite has taken it's toll and the fact that no one puts in any hay ground any more there really isn't enough feed to keep them alive.  We feed our bee's all summer just to keep the numbers in the hive's up good enough to help us

Phil

  • Re: [Market-farming] was lady bugs, now bees, HackettShark, 12/22/2002