market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Small Fruit in northeast?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Rousseau <markrousseau AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Small Fruit in northeast?
  • Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 08:26:05 -0500

Liz and Rose,
I have planted a couple of blackberry plants from www.fruitsandberries.com this past year. They are coming along fairly well given my non-ideal blackberry soil. Very acidic here in southern new Hampshire. I will let you know how they survive this winter which is starting off much harsher than the last few.

I have been planting experimental patches of various things over the past 2 years to get a better sense of what will survive in this area. I know that we have very few PYO blackberry locations in a 60 mile radius and that they charge a healthy price for the fruit. If these blackberries do do well, I inteded to plant about 2 acres for a PYO in the 3 to 4 year time frame.

-Mark

Liz Pike wrote:

Might want to check these folks out
http://www.fruitsandberries.com/index.htm Website claims, "...Others cannot
grow in all frost zones 3 to 10, but this one can and does. It is now
growing in all 50 states and Canada. ..."