market-farming - [Market-farming] Small Fruit in northeast?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Fred & Rose Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Small Fruit in northeast?
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:05:31 -0500

Fred and I are looking at moving to another location and setting up a small
farm-based business. No more than 5 acres of plantings. But instead of the
cutfower biz I was thinking about, I'm considering more of a perennial-based
business and the thought of small fruit growing comes to mind..

Does anyone on this list do blueberries or blackberries or any other bush
fruit - elderberry, etc.? And maybe growing that into a value-added -
spreads/jellies, wines, etc.?

(I know they require different soils and certainly different pH's but we
don't know where we're going yet).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rose