market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Mid week markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: "'market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Mid week markets
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:59:14 -0600

Paul may reply to this, but just in case....

Our mid-week market is on Tuesday. We will normally do about 35% of our
Saturday sales. We have a lot fewer vendors too because the income is often
not worth the trip. It runs from 6:00 to sellout (which for the re-sellers
is all day). Traffic is low - most folks are working. We do get an influx
of the folks getting off-shift from the nearby hospital, and a few who come
before work. We like it for a mid-week pick on those items that have to be
picked frequently like squash, cucumbers, etc., and for blooming items like
lilies that might not still be at peak by Saturday.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm