market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #8 - 12 msgs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #8 - 12 msgs
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:57:19 -0500

My college son (poor) had need of a wedding gift. In a huge coincidence
while the couple where college friends (Pa) they were moving to my town! So
he asked if he could give them a gift certificate to farm (printed one up on
computer) I laughed and said you would be one of the few folks giving a very
expensive gift ($450). They have been really cute and signed up for next
year. I met the young woman in grocery store and she said they are feeling
the $ buying veg for guinea pigs :). I let them take all sorts of "trash"
bolted lettuce etc.
I did have a fellow inquire about a gift and when he really discussed it
with his Mother she decided we were to far and I suppose too much work etc.
Its a great idea but the recipient needs to be as into it as the giver. Oh
yea I have had one or two other inquiries that didn't materialize. Beth
Liz asked and Leigh responded:
> Over the years I've had people give shares as presents but I haven't
> tracked the renewal rate of the receivers. So, while its nice to get
> that year's subscription, I don't know if it has a long term benefit.
>
> (I know this isn't really what you asked, though).

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #8 - 12 msgs, Hook Family, 11/23/2002