market-farming - [Market-farming] Oredering seeds online

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Oredering seeds online
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:26:40 -0600

With Johnny's Selected Seeds I strongly suggest that you order by
telephone or you might find out too late, when you open the box, that
something is not in stock. If you order on-line they do not notify
you that it is out of stock. Their commercial department is
absolutely fabulous at communication on availability, acceptable
substitutes, etc.. Furthermore, online orders from JSS take 2-3 days
longer to arrive than phone orders, which is inexcusable in my
opinion. So you pay a price on more than one front if you use the
web. The last time (and I mean last time) that I placed an on-line
order, I received the shipment and didn't open it for 2 weeks because
I did not need the seeds immediately. Then when I opened the box I
found out that some very critical seeds were not included. Had I
known when I placed the order I would not have lost 2 weeks of
production while I located and alternative source for the seed.
> Personally, I have gotten to the place where I *only* place seed
orders on
> the web. If the seed is not available, I know immediately at the
checkout
> and can either replace a variety immediately or go to another
website.

Despite this problem with Johnny's web based catalog (and it really
bothers me not be be able to place seed orders at 11 pm or 3 am if I
want) I still consider Johnny's the best seed company ot there, in
terms of quality, selection and service. Rob, if you're listeneing
could you get those web glitches smoothed out so that us insomniacs
can take advantage of the convenience that it offers without paying
athe price?

Adriana

  • [Market-farming] Oredering seeds online, gutierrez-lagatta, 11/23/2002