market-farming - Profit / Acre

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Profit / Acre
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:42:16 -0600

Does anyone have any average figures or research reports that indicate an
average profit per acre for various garden vegetables? I did find an
K-State publication that provides expected harvest per acre for common
vegetables and I can extrapolate the numbers for our local prices, but it
would be helpful to have information from other parts of the country,
national averages, or spreads.

Thanks,

Rick Hopkins
President
American Pasturage, Inc.
P.O. Box 190
Marionville, MO 65705
(417) 258-2394
http://www.americanpasturage.com/
For other information concerning grass fed beef see http://www.eatwild.com
and http://www.westonaprice.org
For the American Homestead Foods Certification Program go to
http://www.homesteadfoods.com
Also check out the new Graziers Forum at: http://bbs.americanpasturage.com
And if you have extra time on your hands, go to http://www.saveoursoils.org
We need volunteers to support the content development for this site.

All E-mails are scanned with Norton Anti Virus 2002 prior to sending.

  • Profit / Acre, Rick Hopkins, 11/18/2002