market-farming - Re: Peach Plantation?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joel Bush <jbush4 AT ipa.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Peach Plantation?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:08:44 -0600

I just ran into our Farmer's Marlet "peach guy" at the grocery and he has
medical problems and is getting out of the business.

If anyone is interested, his father is willing to sell the property with no
down payment on a contract. There is a one bedroom cabin and a hoophouse
greenhouse on the property. I don't know how many acres are involved, but
will find out if anyone is interested.

I do know he has several vartieties spaced to produce from June through
August and they are delicious! I make my peach preserves from his smalls
and culls.

Joel H. Bush, Division Chair
Information Technology
Rich Mountain Community College
Mena, Arkansas

  • Re: Peach Plantation?, Joel Bush, 11/16/2002