market-farming - What's wrong with our sweet potatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: What's wrong with our sweet potatoes?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:42:39 -0500

Hope someone can help. We've had a lot of
rain recently, and have been digging our sweet
potatoes out of the mud. Some of them started
to grow white mold while we were tryint to cure
them. Some of the moldy ones are starting to
go squishy from the surface in. When you cut
them open, there's a thin purple/black line or
layer about 1/4" under the skin. What is it?
What can we do? Did the purple line cause the
mold or vice versa??
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Central VA