market-farming - Meat at CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Meat at CSA
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:04:41 -0600

Judi,
Why don't you approach her about becoming her partner in the existing
CSA as she will probably be needing one? (Or was it a different type
of partnership you alluded to?) Be sure to check with the health
department about including meat and poultry in the share delivery.
Our CSA her in Birmingham is not allowed to distribute these, so he
has a day once a month where people can come to the farm and pick up
pre-orderd chicken, rabbit and tilapia.
> Now the rabbits, chicken, pork and duck would be on top of the other
=
> stuff, eggs could be include. I know roughly what my pork, chicken
and =
> rabbits sell for be weight so I was figuring I would be best to sell
=
> them that way?
Adriana

  • Meat at CSA, gutierrez-lagatta, 11/11/2002