market-farming - Re: tractor step ladder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tractor step ladder
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:45:31 -0800

Hello Marie and all who are fighting their bodies to live their farming
dreams,

There is a national project of the USDA called The AgrAbility Project. This great effort works with ag engineering departments to produce adaptive technologies allowing farmers and ranchers and farm workers with disabilities to continue to farm.

http://www.agrability.org/

While not every state has a program, Missouri where Marie lives does. It can be found on the web at http://www.fse.missouri.edu/Agrability/new/ and works through Cooperative Extension. The site is not very user-friendly but has a clickable map at http://www.fse.missouri.edu/Agrability/new/Team.html that deals with Family Farm folks in various areas of the state. One of their functions is to help you find things to make your life easier like steps into the tractor. (PS, I'll bet the pull out steps that mount under a pick-up tailgate so you can step into a camper would work)

I'll bet the MAC and the wonderful Debi Kelly could be of help.

Purdue's Breaking New Ground website is http://aben.www.ecn.purdue.edu/ABEN/Extension/BNG/Resource%20Center/resourcecenter.html

Hope this helps. Now if the could just find reliable labor for those of us with heart and lung problems.....

--
Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle

  • Re: tractor step ladder, Marcie Rosenzweig, 11/07/2002