market-farming - RE: Ooff Topic question - Squash Pumpkin Pie

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Ooff Topic question - Squash Pumpkin Pie
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:31:00 -0500

Hi Rick,

Somewhere I read that the "pumpkin" in a can of pumpkin is actually
squash. And it's ok to call it that because pumpkin is squash. Just
substitute squash for the pumpkin in the same amounts. I use the Libby's
recipe, substituting my own squash or pumpkin which I either bake in its
shell or nuke in the microwave.

Yes, I think the squash is best. However, I am an "insane hypocrite",
so you should try it yourself and see what you think.

Marie in Missouri

Squash Pumpkin Pie