market-farming - RE: Pricing beef

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "RDH" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Pricing beef
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:58:22 -0500

Rick W.

I just got some spam from Omaha steaks at $8.86 a pound for sirloin. We
don't sell sirloin as grilling steaks. Sirloin is naturally lean and can
give your meat a bad reputation if someone flames them on a hot grill. We
sell ours for fajitas, Swiss steak, or any marinated steak dish. If one
reads the USDA recommendations for cooking sirloin, it says marinate first.
Who reads the directions though?

Rick H.