market-farming - admin

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: admin
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:45:12 -0400

We've had a complaint about the direction the list has taken lately. One
complaint out of 414 subscribers isn't bad. But when one complains, there's
usually several more who haven't taken the time.

First off, I'm sorry I've allowed myself to get drug into some of the more
"passionate" threads. As a list manager, it's hard to know when to keep
quiet, when to speak up, when to cut the chat, and when to let "community"
develop. The nature of our professions mean for many, this list & others
like it may be the only "off-farm" contact we get for awhile, so "sibling
squabbles" are inevitable. Sometimes I forget I'm "The Oldest In Charge"
; ))

Please, if you have a problem or a suggestion, or even an ugly complaint (I
can take it ; )) don't hesitate to let me know. Though I'm outside alot,
I'm in & out of my office and check email several times a day. This list is
yours. I can't change things unless I know something's bothering you.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC

  • admin, Liz Pike, 10/21/2002