market-farming - Re: Marian Burro's NY Times article

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Marian Burro's NY Times article
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:32:47 -0400

> The message in this article is that the new guidelines legitimize organic
> food.
>
> It's the other way around, isn't it?

It's always been like this! That's why I never got certified, though I grew
to my state's certifying agency's standards. I didn't want to pay for a
piece of paper showing what I DIDN'T put in my food, while the next vendor
over who regularly doused his with all sorts of stuff didn't have to prove
what he DID put in.

Yeah, the new standards created a new massive bureaucracy, but didn't we all
see it coming?? We'll just have to find another door to kick in.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC