market-farming - Re: chicken-thievin' canines

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: chicken-thievin' canines
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:39:20 -0500

Awww, my rot got a chicken that wandered across the road. It was still
alive and I took it away from her. Very disappointed dog. But the chicken
died anyway. I offered to pay for it but my neighbor said she didn't care.
She didn't want chickens anyway... it was her husband's idea. Oh geeze.

Some guineas ended up in my yard a couple years ago. I called the owner and
said, well, I'll keep my dogs penned until you can come get the birds. He
said, ah, those guineas can fly... your dogs won't get them. So I let the
rot out. It's wasn't more than 10 minutes. I saw the guinea fly out of a
tree, the dog jumped up in the air and caught it. Well, couldn't save that
one.

My dogs kills all kinds of birds, rabbits, mice, raccoons... Why do I buy
good dog food?

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton Il