market-farming - Re: chicken-thievin' canines

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: chicken-thievin' canines
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 05:36:44 -0400

> One neighbor thought it was
> funny when her precious pooch brought her a still-live hen.

Had a teacher at my daughter's school ask me about our chicken massacre.
Seems a Mexican boy in her class was all excited because they'd had chicken
for supper the night before. He said the dog brought it up. She told me
they were our neighbors, across the road & down the hill.

at least it got eaten & enjoyed.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC