market-farming - RE: Off topic: Orion, aurora, and the Pleiades

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Off topic: Orion, aurora, and the Pleiades
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:05:09 -0500

Regards to the list:

When we first moved back to the farm from Kansas City, the stars were a
constant source of entertainment for the whole family. We would lie on
old blankets and quilts out in the yard watching the sky until the wee
hours. The kids were young teens and still remembered all the names of
the constellations. They gave us lessons in astronomy. Being myopic, I
was surprised to see double stars on the big dipper through binoculars.
At first, every night we thought it was cloudy and slowly it dawned on
us that what we were seeing was the Milky Way! I am still thrilled to
see the stars on a clear night. I love living on this farm.

Marie in Missouri