market-farming - Top ten vegetables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Top ten vegetables
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 04:11:19 -0500

Unfortuantely it's not that easy Larry. Successful farming is not
as much about growing as it is about marketing. Any fool can grow
stuff (eventually), the key to success is being able to sell it and do
so profitably. What is in demand in your market area may not be in
demand in another. It also is a function of who else is doing what in
your area of competition. So, for example herbs may be profitable in
one community, but if there is already a large established farm
growing and selling them might not be profitable for you....
>While I =
might like to grow herbs, ethnic vegetables, and something more =
interesting am I not just spinning my wheels if the demand simply
isn't =
there. Is there a top ten of those vegetables for which there is
always =
a good return? Larry Walker

  • Re: top ten vegetables, SisterSoap, 10/07/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Top ten vegetables, gutierrez-lagatta, 10/08/2002