market-farming - Re: Small farms and processing issues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small farms and processing issues
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:54:19 -0500

RDH wrote:
> I don't know remember, but I just read it this week. Hopefully I'll get
> some time in the next few days to parse that info out of the thousands of
> pages I read a week.

I know that they can convert safflower and sunflower oils since they are a
major omega 6 fatty acid source that can be manipulated to move the double
bonds around.

It would be illegal to feed most animal products wouldn't it?

> On a hunch, are you going to the AFGC conference in Louisiana next April?

Not often that we go to conferences, but sometimes go to the Wisconsin
Grazing Conference. Having livestock makes it more complicated to get away.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers