market-farming - Re: cream of the crop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rainbow's End Farms & Orchards" <rainbowsend AT swva.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: cream of the crop
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:57:19 -0700

Winter squashes are best with butter, sugar, spices to one's liking such as nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves or other. They are also easy to microwave with these mixtures and then eaten out of shell or with the flesh scraped, pureed and souffled. It would be a hard sell to those whose traditions do not include them. My New York relatives loved them, the folks around here do not. Winter squashes used to be one of those crops that helped folks get through the winter! Clarence Walker
Rainbows End Farms and Orchards
880 Central Academy Road
Stuart, Virginia  24171
276-694-4324