market-farming - RE: E-mail marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: E-mail marketing
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:33:24 -0500

I don't know about all chefs, but we started our email marketing after I
listened to a chef/owner from a popular restaurant in Louisville, KY talk
about ordering from farmers at a Women in Agriculture conference.
According to her, she loves to buy from local farmers, but does not have
enough time to take/return phone calls for "small" orders with several
farmers. Email allowed farmers to communicate with her, and allowed her to
do the ordering when her schedule permitted. So, it's definitely worth
asking about!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

> From: gutierrez-lagatta[SMTP:gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net]
>
> Has anybody had any luck doing e-mail marketing with chefs?
> - Are they representative of the current population?
> - Do their crazy hours and lifestyle allow them to be regular web
> users?
> > I can not stress enough the usefullness of email marketing.

  • E-mail marketing, gutierrez-lagatta, 09/12/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: E-mail marketing, Wiediger, Alison, 09/12/2002