market-farming - Re: organic wormer cattle/sheep

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl AT intrex.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: organic wormer cattle/sheep
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:34:13 -0700

Nan Johnson wrote:
Have you checked with ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer to Rural Areas)- they are doing alot with parasite management on a sustainable basis that may also apply to organic regulations.......www.attra.org Don't just go by what is available on the web site, call the 800 number (sorry can't locate it right now) and talk to one of the wonderful humans on the other end............

Thanks, Nan. I have switched from full sized rare breed sheep to Gulf Coast
sheep, which need less maintenance and supplemental nutrition. I have a friend
in my area who raises them for meat for his small farm and he is willing to
sell
me a few lambs for breeding. As soon as I get their enclosure built I will
go get them. I also hope to find a few Boer goats for breeding. They are
supposed to be especially good for meat. I hear they are the thing these days
for home as well as commercial production. I assume you have a few goats
yourself
so I was wondering if you knew whether people who are allergic to cow's milk
can
drink goat's milk?

Cheers,

Lawrence
--
L.F.London
lfl AT intrex.net

  • organic wormer cattle/sheep, Nan Johnson, 09/10/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: organic wormer cattle/sheep, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 09/12/2002