market-farming - Changes, changes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Changes, changes
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:19:04 -0500

Regards to the list:

Hi Del,

I am sorry that you're going to sell the farm and that your ex
contaminated the plants. $300. an hour sounds good to me. I don't think
you're a whore - just a player maybe.

Did you ever prepare the tomato hornworms for the dog and if so, did the
dog eat them and did you?

We haven't had many hornworms this year - I've picked off perhaps 8 or
10 on the approx. 200 tomato plants we have. Our worst tomato enemy is
the flock of chickens and guineas. An acquaintance in Texas told that
her husband shot out a tire on his truck, trying to kill their
tomato-eating guineas.

As many on this list know, I opened a bakery back in December and it has
been a success. It will be closed this month though - the building has
been sold to a couple who want to open a "little bakery and
luncheonette." They would like for me to leave the sinks and ovens. I
think I must have "IDIOT" stamped on my forehead?

Anyway, I will be happy to be back on the farm full time. My gardens
have been neglected all summer and I'm anxious to spend more time there.
I plan to continue making wedding and birthday cakes along with doing
some catering which I started in the bakery. We're working on plans for
a health department approved kitchen here on the farm.

I think I'll sign up for a class in cabinet-making.

Marie in Missouri