market-farming - Re: A visit without the ride

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: A visit without the ride
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 16:12:30 -0700 (PDT)

> About a year ago I put together a photo montage of gorgeous shots of the
gardens and CSA baskets at different times of the season. I found a cheap
poster frame ($8 at Kmart) and posed the photos with a computer generated
flyer briefly describing CSA. I display it at the weekly Farmer's Market
along with distributing a 2 page thing that has a full description of the
terms of the CSA and a sign-up sheet. I've found the combination of the
photos sitting besides the produce at the market has been a sure-fire sales
pitch for the CSAs. I've even had folks thank me for the visit to the
farm, when they had only seen photos at the market.

  • Re: A visit without the ride, sora, 09/01/2002