market-farming - Signange solution ??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "bobm m" <shaniko AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Signange solution ??
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:22:38 +0000

A couple of additional ideas from materials Ive used with both
being available at pretty much any sign shop.

Corroplast... which is just plastic cardboard and less than fun
to cut in anything but straight lines, comes in sheets
and a 4 x 8 foot sheet I picked up for $10. Its available
in many colors and could be used as a base or written
on directly.

Sheet plastic.. much easier to cut ... many colors available with
finishes that are very smooth to very rough. A 4 x 8
foot sheet should run about $20. The shop I got mine
at was even nice enough to cut mine. 32 square feet
will sure make a lot of signs.

The advantage to both of these is the long life time, therefore low cost... excellent color range .. for attracting additional traffic .. both are pretty easy to work and can be simply mounted to standard stakes available at home depot or places like that.

A 4 x 8 sheet would provide almost 300-6" x 6" sign bases.

Bob