market-farming - Re: Signange solution ??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Signange solution ??
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:06:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/02 3:32:44 PM Central Daylight Time, marc AT aculink.net writes:

farm area and actual garden

We have used pictures of our farm and our gardens for a number of years.  We update our poster board, 3' by5,' every two weeks showing what new we are planting for the future, especially in the hoophouses and greenhouses.  Lots of people come over to our booth to just look at the pictures and they usually end up buying, changing the pictures every couple of weeks really helps draw people to your booth area.  After the June 19 hail storm people could not believe the damage to our crops and they just stood there and looked at some of it.  Pictures are as good as a thousand words, it is reality.  It doesn't hurt sales to have your customers to see just how you grow your crops, it sometimes promotes a lasting relationship that will go on for years, it has for us anyway.

Phil from Iowa