market-farming - Re: Food processing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Food processing
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:39:20 -0500

Allan,
It's up to each state, I believe. So, one must check Virginia's rules.
If they are sold in DC, then DC's rules would also have to be checked. In
other areas of US life, when something crosses the state border, then
sometimes different rules apply - interstate commerce and all
. -Jill

> Can someone help me with this one?
>
> It was my understanding that a CSA could distribute processed produce
> - - like Salsa - - to it'ss members without a certified kitchen and
> without complying to other standards.
>
> Am I out ot lunch on this one?
> Thanks
> -Allan

> >> We have friends who want to make jams and jellies and sell them to
our CSA subscribers (outside of the CSA subscription). Are their