market-farming - Re: On Farm Selling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cross-r-ranch AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: On Farm Selling
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:32:11 -0400

Jim - I don't do it personally, but know folks who do. They are located
about as far from a major highway as you are, and are advertised
primarily by word of mouth, yet have a good customer base nevertheless.
They do ONLY farm sales, no farmer's markets, no roadside stands, no CSA,
nada, other than the greenhouse w/converted shed for the actual purchase
area (cash register, seeds, pots/planters). They do a whopping business,
and folks do respect their hours (10 am to 6 pm Mon to Sat, noon to 5 on
Sun.)

Heather R
cross-r-ranch AT juno.com
Get paid to read email! - Click here for more info:
http://www.cross-r-ranch.freeservers.com/paidemail.htm
I've got so many of them, I had to make a webpage for them all! Tips and
hints on how to make it profitable.

  • On Farm Selling, jjvaughn, 07/18/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: On Farm Selling, cross-r-ranch, 07/18/2002