market-farming - On Farm Selling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jjvaughn AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: On Farm Selling
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:48:47 -0500

We are having more and more requests for on farm selling. Does anyone
have a farm stand with limited hours? We were thinking on Thursday
nights from 4 to 7, since we have markets on Tuesday and Saturday.
Will people honor the times or does this open the door for "I just needed
a few tomatoes" all the time. We live 2 miles from two major highways,
but have feared we would lose our peace and quiet.

Jim

Jim and Julie Vaughn
Rocky Glade Farm
Eagleville, TN