market-farming - Re: Garlic and Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "wiediger" <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Garlic and Onions
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:02:34 -0500

No problems bolting. Yes, bare root transplanting - directly from soil in
tunnels to soil outside. They don't need hardening off - the tunnels are
unheated, so they are already hardened off. It works really well, and
doesn't "steal" much of our winter production space.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com