market-farming - Re: Garlic and Onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT bcn.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Garlic and Onions
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:59:50 -0400

Have you had any greater problem with onions bolting to seed thinking they
already had been through one season?
You are seeding into greenhouse beds and bare root transplanting, right?
How do you harden them off? We used to raise our leeks in cold frames that
way and could lift off the 'lights' to harden them off. Then I burned a
couple of crops through not venting in time and gave that up.
David Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.